Hey there, I'm Jenn. I’m a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a focus on specializing in Accessibility.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer & Analyst.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Ultranauts Inc. from 2020 to 2023; Currently learning Web Accessibility Testing; Passionate web and software specialist
- Website: www.jenntillman.me
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1.6099236519
- Job Status: Seeking a new Career
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- City: Charlotte, NC USA
I am seeking a Specialist, Tester, or Consultant Career in Web or Software Accessibility.
My goal is to make the web universally accessible for people with disabilities and, through that, make it easier and more intuitive to use for all people. It is my belief that Online Learning Tools are instrumental to the future of education at all levels, and it is imparitive that these applications are at the forefront of accessibility in order to help all folks achieve their highest potential.
To accomplish this, I have been pursuing education in front-end web development and keeping up to date with accessibility testing tools. Through my work on software quality engineering projects, I have acquired skills and experience in various programming languages, APIs, and testing software. I have experimented with browser extensions, stand-alone programs, bookmarklets, and more for accessibility testing and auditing.
Level of Mastery
Software Quality Assurance Engineer with 3+ years of experience developing and testing with 1+ years experience in Accessibility Testing as a specialization.
- Charlotte, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Systems & Computer Science
2012 - 2018
The University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
WAI0.1x: Introduction to Web Accessibility
Planning to get the following certifications:
- DHS Quality Tester Certification
- Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA)
- Certified International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP)
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS)
- Certified Professional in Accessible Built Environments (CPABE)
American Sign Language (Beginner)
Quality Engineer II at Ultranauts Inc.
2020 - 2023
2578 Broadway #602, New York, NY 10025
- Developed and reviewed test plans, conditions, and cases, improving test coverage and accuracy.
- Executed test plans and cases across multiple projects within delivery windows, ensuring timely delivery with an on-time delivery rate.
- Coordinated with colleagues from different teams, including developers, project managers, and business analysts, to consistently work on process improvement initiatives, resulting in improved quality and efficiency
Contract Web Developer at PeachTree LLC
2019 - 2020
- Conducted bug tracking and testing to ensure software quality and identified and addressed issues proactively.
- Tracked and reported defects to project managers, developers, and other stakeholders, ensuring timely resolution and delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of business goals with the organization's mission.
Engagement Manager & QA Lead
I worked with Jenn on several projects spanning Automated Testing Design and Accessibility Testing. She is a thorough tester and designer with an attention to detail and a can-do attitude. She is a team player used to working on Agile teams with aggressive timelines and high expectations of quality. She would be a great fit to any project team and I highly recommend her.
Charlotte, NC 28262